Networker

[Networker] Net APP_DDS_SAN Configuration

2006-03-01 12:33:08
Subject: [Networker] Net APP_DDS_SAN Configuration
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:28:30 -0500
Hello,
Does any one has documented plan\configuration with Networker 7.2.1 + , FC
attached library ( ours is i2k-ADIC).
I am looking for Best practice, info, tips etc.
Our confusion is over, how to attached, zone FC drive in DDS enviroment to
backup Netapp Filer 3000* series.
Should we dedicate non DDS drives to Netapp Filer, or should we use DDS
drives, how will storage node and server share drives ?
What should we be aware or, avoid or configure ? Besides what's in admin
Guide ?
if you have any documentation you can share with me it will be greatly
apprecated, you can email me directly.
Thanks
Our enviroment:
Windows 2003 64 Dell PE 6850 server.
All windows client
i2K with FC LTO2 drives, FC attached to Brocade Switches.
8 total drives, 4 DDS licences.
1 Storage node, 1 master server.