Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup server specific info

2006-02-22 09:38:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup server specific info
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:36:28 +0000
Hi Bernd

>From memory, Server Specific Info contained 5 files...
STARTUP.NCF, AUTOEXEC.NCF, VOLSINFO.TXT, DSMISC.LOG and SERVDATA.NDS

What we do here is use CRON to run (among other things) the LOAD CONFIG
/ALL command once a week on each server.
This creates the CONFIG.TXT file which contains...
listings of STARTUP.NCF and AUTOEXEC.NCF
all info you'd need to recreate the volumes (size, name-spaces etc)
partition info (incl type e.g. r/w, master, subordinate ref).

I'm not sure what was in SERVDATA.NDS so can't comment on that, but it
looks to me that most of the info you would want is in CONFIG.TXT (if
you use the /ALL switch).

For saving trustees, we run the TRUSTEE SAVE ALL {file} command which
puts all the trustees of all volumes into {file}.  I know this works,
I've used part of the file to recover lost trustees at one point! ;-)

So, perhaps running LOAD CONFIG /ALL via CRON on a daily basis would
meet most if not all of your needs?

Cheers... Allan.

>>> bernd.gotschy AT MORSE DOT COM 22/02/06 14:10:08 >>>
Hallo,

any idea how to backup "server specific info" for a netware 6.5
client with NW 7.2.
I know it is only supported from networkr.nlm.
Any other idea or workaround for an automatic backup of the SSI?

regards
Bernd

body of the email. Please write to
networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have any problems