Networker

Re: [Networker] Oracle backup problem

2006-02-17 08:55:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] Oracle backup problem
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:54:17 -0500
You're right, James et. al. It's a licensing issue.

And you're right, Tim. It shouldn't be.

The problem is, there are (at least) two licence types, D6 and D35. D6 won't
work with newer versions of Oracle.

You can use nsrcap with your enabler code to tell which version (license
type) you have:

        done
$ nsrcap -ncv 123456-123456-123456
Read an enabler:
        name:    NetWorker Module for Oracle, UNIX Client/1
        enabler code: 123456-123456-123456
        license type: D35
        demo days:    45 days

nsrcap: License enabler code is valid.

If you have D6, you may need to upgrade to D35. It took Legato some time to
get around to doing our upgrade, but they supplied temp codes for us to use
in the interim.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer Inc.

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 06:31:07 -0600, Rohrich, James <James.Rohrich AT UOP DOT

wrote:

>In one experience I had Legato told me that a newer oracle license was
needed for the version of Oracle that was being used. It was simply a matter
of replacing one Oracle module license with another. They were able to
identify it with a two digit code, not the enabler but the license type. It
seems they Oracle type may differ every now and then for newer versions of
Oracle.

"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems