Networker

Re: [Networker] manipulating save sets from the command line

2006-02-17 08:15:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] manipulating save sets from the command line
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:09:59 -0500
Ajay is right, although his procedure will change the save set for every
defined client, which may not be what you want. It also requires
interaction, which can complicate a script.

Here's one way you might try:

echo ". type:nsr client;name:<clientname>
update save set:<new value>" | nsradmin -i -

You'll get this:
Current query set
updated resource id 0.93.04.11.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.76.3.93.20.107.116.4.40(2)

Notes:

This works in Unix. Under Windows I think you'd use "type" instead of "echo"

The first character in the echoed string is a period. You could use "print"
instead, in which case you'd get the pre-change client definition instead of
"Current query set".

If you like, you can use "\n" instead of putting the echoed string on two
lines (in Unix at least).

This changes all instances of the client definition. You might have to
qualify the selection further to limit it to one instance:

echo ". type:nsr client;name:<clientname>;group:<groupname>\nupdate save
set:<new value>" | nsradmin -i -

HTH,

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:46:32 +0530, Ajay PAI <tecpai AT GMAIL DOT COM> wrote:

>Hi Rolf !
>
>Iam prety sure that "nsradmin" is the only way through CLI that a save set
>can be configured on a client. Steps I followed:
>
>1) type "nsradmin" on on the console
>
>2) then type < print type:NSR client >
>
>3) then  type < update save set: c:"\"Program Files >
>
>Note: u have to type the slash( \ ) within quotes, shwn on red in step-3.
>
>4) it will ask update? type < y > and hit enter
>
>5) again type < print type:NSR client > to verify if save sets have been
>updated.
>
>I tried enclosing a screenshot of the steps i followed, but was unable to do
>so. The mailing list does not allow me to that. hope the above steps will
>work for you.
>
>Thanks,
>Ajay
>

>On 2/17/06, Ajay PAI <tecpai AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rolf !
>>
>> Iam prety sure that "nsradmin" is the only way through CLI that a save set
>> can be configured on a client. Steps I followed:
>>
>> 1) type "nsradmin" on on the console
>>
>> 2) then type < print type:NSR client >
>>
>> 3) then  type < update save set: c:"\"Program Files >
>>
>> Note: u have to type the slash( \ ) within quotes, shwn on red in step-3.
>>
>> 4) it will ask update? type < y > and hit enter
>>
>> 5) again type < print type:NSR client > to verify if save sets have been
>> updated.
>>
>> Enclosed is a screenshot of the steps i followed. hope that will help you.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ajay
>>

>> On 2/17/06, Rolf <rolf AT ses.tas.gov DOT au> wrote:
>> >
>> > hello
>> >
>> > Using Network 7.1 (Sun EBS) on Solaris.
>> >
>> > I configure the save sets using the Networker GUI for each client in
>> > Client Setup...
>> >
>> > Is there a way to do this using one of the commandline tools (so that
>> > I can script it)?
>> >
>> > Closest seems to be nsradmin with the attributes idea. If  this is
>> > indeed a way (the only way?) are any examples of how to do it available?
>> >

>> > Otherwise advice of a method to use would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > thanks
>> >
>> > rolf.
>> >
>> > To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu
>> > and
>> > type "signoff networker" in the
>> > body of the email. Please write to
[email protected] you have any problems
>> > wit this list. You can access the archives at
>> > http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html or
>> > via RSS at http://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?RSS&L=NETWORKER
>> >

>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the