Networker

Re: [Networker] MSCS cluster backups

2006-02-16 12:00:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] MSCS cluster backups
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:55:52 -0600
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 02:42:18PM -0600, Dave Mussulman wrote:
> I have a MSCS configuration that working with savesets of 'All' in both
> the physical node and virtual node Networker configurations.  The only
> significant configuration notes are:

Well, I guess I was 'asking for it,' because we just found one of our
virtual client volumes wasn't being backed up.  My essentially "normal"
cluster backup configuration now has 'pathownerignore' files on the
physical clients, disks explicitly listed in the save set lists, and
special save commands ("save -c virtuaclient") on the virtual clients.

I'm still not satisfied with how Networker interacts with the MSCS to
decide what is a phyiscal client disk and what is a virtual client disk.
We had 11 volumes defined in the virtual cluster group, and of those
there was only one that Networker insisted was part of the physical
client.  (And it silently excluded itself from the 'All' saveset on the
physical client.)

Dave