Networker

Re: [Networker] IPMP on backup server(EBS 7.3)

2006-02-15 12:50:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] IPMP on backup server(EBS 7.3)
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:48:34 -0800

> Are there any issues with IPMP on backup server? our backup environment
>  is both in LAN and LAN free.? backup server(solaris 10 and ebs 7.3)
> and some of the cluster clients(solaris 10 and ebs7.3) are also acting
> as storage nodes and shared drives with DDS.

What are you expecting from IPMP?  As failover it should be fine (make
sure you monitor it!), but don't think of it as a load balancing
solution like round-robin etherchannel/trunking.

You'd probably want to create 2 public addresses and split some of your
direct clients over to it (via server network interface) to share the
inbound load as much as posssible.  Unfortunately, this can only be a
static attempt, not a dynamic one.