Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup times in mminfo

2006-02-15 07:33:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup times in mminfo
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 07:33:06 -0500
Perhaps not in this case because you're writing a script to parse other
information in the mminfo output, but in general I've found the easiest way
to get start and end times for a savegroup isn't with mminfo at all, but
with nsradmin:

echo "show last start;last end\nprint type:nsr group;name:<group name>" |
nsradmin -i -
                  last start: "Wed Feb 15 00:01:00 2006";
                    last end: "Wed Feb 15 00:14:39 2006";

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:43:06 -0600, Tim Mooney
<mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU> wrote:

>In regard to: Re: [Networker] Backup times in mminfo, John Stoffel said (at...:
>
>> Stan> I am trying to write a perl script that generates a customized
>> Stan> report. One of the things I need to include in this report is
>> Stan> the start time and end time for each save set.
>>
>> Legato doesn't seem to record this usefull information in any
>> meaningful way, except if you can try to parse the raw log files sent
>> to /var/adm/messages (Solaris in my case).
>
>As others have pointed out, that's not correct.  Even at 5.x, this
>information was stored down to the second in the media database, it's just
>that mminfo isn't obvious about reporting it.
>
>Many of the fields that mminfo outputs can have a "width control" added
>in the report field, it's just not obvious from the man page that using
>the width control on the time fields gets you more information.  It does,
>though.
>
>Tim
>--
>Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu
>Information Technology Services         (701) 231-1076 (Voice)
>Room 242-J6, IACC Building              (701) 231-8541 (Fax)
>North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND 58105-5164
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems