Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWare v7.2 - another bug?

2006-02-14 12:26:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWare v7.2 - another bug?
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:23:21 -0600
This is a stand alone server.
I just do the usual procedure to restore a file or folder:

In the Networker GUI -> F3 -> recover (then expand the tree) -> choose a file
-> then look for versions

There is also one problem/error that I did not posted. When one of my NetWare
server is on v4.22, it was able to backup a 'User' folder or directory, but
after the upgrade it only shows up as a <RES> instead of <DIR> and cannot
expand the tree anymore.

Some of the binaries included in the last update caused the server to abend, so
we re-installed the original package for now. We will try to re-install the
patches next downtime (if it will fix anything).

>>> ajs AT STOLAF DOT EDU 14/Feb/2006 11:03:00 am >>>

If you are in a cluster environment, make sure you hit F2 and select the desired
client.

Also, the latest updates seemed to have corrected an issue here where we were
only able to browse and restore files in 8.3 filenames.

If these do not help, post additional information about the problem: error
messages, steps, etc.

ajs

--
Tony Skalski
Systems Administrator

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.

As of January 20, any e-mails addressed
to "cityregina.com" will not be delivered.