Networker

Re: [Networker] auto detected scsi stackers under rhel304

2006-02-03 11:17:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] auto detected scsi stackers under rhel304
From: rader AT GINSENG.HEP.WISC DOT EDU
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:14:59 -0600
Turns out that, with 2.4 kernels, you need to add

  options scsi_mod max_scsi_luns=255

to modules.conf and use a new ram disk image...

  V=2.4.21-37.ELsmp
  cd /boot
  sudo mv initrd-$V.img initrd-$V.img.ORIG
  sudo mkinitrd initrd-$V.img $V
  sudo lilo # not necessary?
  sudo shutdown -r now

(see redhat bug 147671)

2.6 kernels (eg rhel4 and grml 0.5) simply require
adding max_scsi_luns=2 to the kernel boot command line
(see the mtx FAQ)

steve
- - -
systems & network manager