Networker

Re: [Networker] Automating deletion of the Volume entries

2006-02-03 11:04:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Automating deletion of the Volume entries
From: Tim Mooney <mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:02:07 -0600
In regard to: [Networker] Automating deletion of the Volume entries, Law,...:

When tapes are reused we have to re-label them to erase them, otherwise
Networker insists on appending to the tapes and won't overwrite them. We
can't re-label without deleting the previous entry in the Volume and
file index for each tape. I've recently figured out how to use nsrjb in
a dos-batch file to automate the labelling process, but we still have to
go into the Volumes tab and delete the old volume entries.

Are there any commands to delete volume entries from the database? Is
there a way to automate that too?

Yes, nsrmm.  You can delete volumes directly, or even better (for your
needs) you can just mark the entire volume as recycleable.  Once it's
recycleable, NetWorker will relabel the tapes (or you can force that too,
using the -R option to nsrjb).

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                              mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

"signoff networker" in the