Networker

Re: [Networker] Checking Data Integrity...

2006-02-01 10:37:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Checking Data Integrity...
From: "Scalise, Kathleen (NSTS.JAX)" <kathleen_scalise AT ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 10:30:09 -0500
As a matter of fact we are testing this now.  Here is some info that may
be helpful...

The NetWorker User for SQL Server program enables you to specify one of
four different methods for restoring data. These methods are called
restore types and include:
*       Normal - Restores the entire set of data associated with one or
more SQL Server 7.0 or later backups, including full, incremental, and
differential backups. The normal restore type supports recovery of a
database, a filegroup, or a file to the database originally backed up.
*       Copy - Creates a copy of a database by restoring a SQL Server
7.0 or later database backup to a new location or to a new database
name. The copy restore type makes it easy to replicate a database that
was previously backed up.
*       Verify-Only - Verifies the backup media for the selected SQL
Server 7.0 or later backups.
Note: Selecting the verify-only restore type does not restore the SQL
Server data. In addition, when verify-only is specified, item-level
properties for database, filegroup, and file objects are not available.
*       Partial - Restores a portion of the filegroups associated with a
single SQL Server 2000 database backup (Microsoft SQL Server 2000 only).
When a partial database restore is performed, the primary filegroup and
associated files are always restored, in addition to the files specified
for restore.
Note: Only a single item can be marked for this operation. In addition,
a copy of a system database can be marked, but it cannot be overwritten.

Kathleen Scalise