Networker

[Networker]  : [Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not worki ng Help Urgent

2006-01-26 12:07:31
Subject: [Networker]  : [Networker] W3k_64 bit_LTO2 Not worki ng Help Urgent
From: Fazil Saiyed <fazil.saiyed AT ANIXTER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:23:30 -0500
Hello,
I appreciate your time in writing to me and giving the pointers,
Current status.
CDI Flag definatly is a FACTOR, ( Configure tab of Device and this should
be set to OFF-none or not used). Library communication seems to be
selective depending on what you are doing when this is on, such as
mount\lable, inventory etc does not work, while it OFF everything works.
However, once the drive are labled, backups may work even when the CDI flag
is set to SCSI  cmd.
Although deamon log had error on this flag, when i was trouble shooting, it
was not conclusive, this may only effect FC attached tape library, may need
to be on for SCSI attached libary- i can say that on our old library which
is SCSI attached this flag is set to SCSI cmds