Networker

[Networker] RE : [Networker] Unloading drives that are not loa ded

2006-01-26 10:37:15
Subject: [Networker] RE : [Networker] Unloading drives that are not loa ded
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <Thierry.Faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:32:19 +0100
It's because networker keep track of mounted volumes.
At restart, networker will restart/recreate nsrmmds and re-read
volume labels for the drives he know to be mounted.

Before shutting down networker, use "nsrjb -uvs <server>"
or "nsrjb -uv" issued respectively from the storage node
handling the robotic arm or from the backup server if it is
operating robot to unmount all devices.

This will prevent behaviour you are seeing.

HTH
TH
Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,
Thierry FAIDHERBE
HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant
*********     ********* HEWLETT - PACKARD
*******   h     ******* 1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
******   h       ****** 1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
*****   hhhh pppp *****
*****  h h p  p   ***** 100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
***** h h pppp    ***** 1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
******   p       ****** BELGIUM
*********     ********* Phone : +32 (0)2 / 729.85.42
                        Mobile : +32 (0)498/ 94.60.85
                        Fax : +32 (0)2 / 729.88.30
    I N V E N T         Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe(at)hp.com
                        Internet : http://www.hp.com/ <http://www.hp.com/>