Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Client Version

2006-01-24 11:40:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Client Version
From: jortiz AT HOUSTON.RR DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:35:26 -0600
Kathleen,

No, you cannot use a server version that is lower than the client
version. This has always been an unsupported configuration as far as
Legato is concerned, because there are usually differences in the index
database handling between one version and the other.

One other thing we have seen in our environment is that the clients
running pre-7.3.x versions of NetWorker cannot use the admin GUI to see
or control the 7.3 server.  You simply get a message indicating that
the admin GUI from the client side could not connect to the 7.3 server.

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.