Networker

[Networker] Verification of Clones

2006-01-19 09:43:08
Subject: [Networker] Verification of Clones
From: Kathleen <kathleen_scalise AT ML DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:42:20 -0500
Question...how do you verify the validity of a clone?

If you clone a backup and it clones successfully, then you know you have a
good backup.  Does anybody have any tips on how to verify the cloned
data?  Would that be another clone?

Just so happens my 'index' from a year end/month-end backup - clone is
corrupt, got a bad record.  The next index I have is a differential, which
if I understand the indexes correctly, the only thing in the
differential/incremental index is what was backed up vs that of a FULL
index which is a copy of the entire index.

Question 2...if I scan the entire save set (excluding the index) can
I/will it rebuild the index?