Networker

Re: [Networker] Downgrading 7.3 > 7.2.1 - problems with nsrmmdbd

2006-01-18 11:34:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Downgrading 7.3 > 7.2.1 - problems with nsrmmdbd
From: "Voetelink D." <voetelink AT ECN DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:33:32 +0100
Oscar,

After deciding that Networker 7.3 is fubar beyond belief, we decided to downgrade to 7.2.1 again. However, 7.2.1 (the security patched version) now crashes on startup while checking indexes. Is it possible that 7.3 has done something with the indexes that makes us get stuck with a horrible and f**ked product that is probably beyond repair?

I also found that 7.3 has somehow changed the media database and is no longer usable by a lower version.
You could however try the following:
install 7.3 again, then use mmrecov with your last bootstrap printout to restore the last pre-7.3 media database and then downgrade again.

greetings,

Dennis

D. Voetelink
UNIX Systems Administrator

Energy research Centre of the Netherlands
Facilities Department - Automation Services

Petten, Netherlands

e-mail : voetelink AT ecn DOT nl
phone  : (+31) 224 564738

"signoff networker" in the