Networker

Re: [Networker] 45-Day Evaluation Enabler code?

2006-01-11 10:54:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] 45-Day Evaluation Enabler code?
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:47:22 -0600
You might be able to get away with it, if you are able to erase all
Networker references from the registry (if using Windows).  If not, it
will recognize that this enabler was installed on date xx/yy/zz, and
will expire 45 days from that point.

However, you can get an automatic extension (at least you used to) by
simply typing "grace" for an authorization code.

One last caveat - if you do reinstall the temp enabler, and then restore
the indexes that you have been backing up, it will recognize this, and

Legato has a fairly strong licensing program, kind of a pain for those
of us that have 5 or 6 servers, and 125+ different enablers.

Lastly, Legato and its partners are usually willing to work with you,
and would probably extend it another 45 days if you just ask...

David M. Browning Jr.
LSUHSC Enterprise Network Operations/Help Desk
(504) 654-7520 (Blackberry Phone Number)
(504) 398-1444 Direct (Temp New Orleans number)
(504) 914-7550 - Cell