Networker

[Networker] NMC broken when adding clients

2006-01-11 08:00:45
Subject: [Networker] NMC broken when adding clients
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:56:06 +0100
I just opened the following ticket with our support partner. However, I think it might be good for the rest of the community to know about this as well:

After upgrading to NW 7.3, when running the NMC on an arbitrary client, I can't add a new networker client if the local machine (that's running the NMC) can't resolve the hostname. The NW server and NW client in question can both resolve eachother.

I regard the NMC software as impaired if it can't create clients if the local machine can't resolve them. I'd like to get this fixed.

//Oscar

"signoff networker" in the