Networker

[Networker] NW 7.3: nsrjb inventory updates cleaning slot uses?

2006-01-10 05:41:18
Subject: [Networker] NW 7.3: nsrjb inventory updates cleaning slot uses?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:40:00 +0100
I might be out in the blue, but did nsrjb really update the cleanings available on the cleaning cartridge in versions previous to NW7.3, if one didn't specify a slot range? As it is now, if I don't specify a range, the cleaning cartridge will be updated to the autochangers default cleaning uses for cleaning cartridges. Sure, I can work-around this by specifying a range for inventory, but the logic is not obvious, and its easy to lose track of how many cleaning uses are REALLY left on the cleaning cartridge.

And regarding the jukebox inventory testing. I have noticed that when I remove and reconfigure the autochanger for NW, with version 7.3, the inventory is not lost when I re-add the autochanger. All inventory information was lost when upgrading from 7.2.1 to 7.3 though.

//Oscar

"signoff networker" in the