Networker

[Networker] L700 with Seagate LTO1 - Tapes getting stuck

2006-01-05 09:47:58
Subject: [Networker] L700 with Seagate LTO1 - Tapes getting stuck
From: "Neild, Jim" <Jim.Neild AT SSHA.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:34:28 -0500
Hi all.  I am running two STK L700 libraries with 20 Seagate LTO1 tape
drives that are attached to STK SN3400 (crossroads 10000) tape routers
in each.  Periodically tapes get stuck ejecting or loading.  AlphaStor
and NetWorker both end up trying to eject or load the tapes and just get
hung up.  The only way to clean this up is to manually eject the tapes.
Anyone else ever run into similar issues?  I would appreciate any
insight.

Cheers,
Jim