Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato 7.3

2006-01-04 19:33:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato 7.3
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:33:10 +1100
I'm contemplating what NMC means for a global organisation.... Eg   say you
have 20 legato systems spread out over the planet and you want one NMC to
manage and report on all of them which is at head office....   But you also
want NMC's at key regional offices so that admin can be done without relying on
the WAN being up...

My reading of the NMC doco suggests that each networker server has a local
hidden RAP database which is regularly staged over to the nmc central database
and then cleared... This might make having multiple NMC's bad... Unless there
is a way to stop a particular NMC from transferring the data and just being an
Admin console..