Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker's interaction with Maestro

2005-12-13 08:05:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker's interaction with Maestro
From: Conrad Macina <conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 07:58:03 -0500
I assume you have Maestro running the savegrp command on a Solaris NetWorker
server? The way to kill the running savegrp is:
ps -ef | grep <group name>
and then kill the resulting process IDs.

As an alternate, you could have Maestro run a script to do this (thanks to
Davina Treiber for this tip):

echo ". type:nsr group;name:<group name> \n update Autostart:start now" |
nsradmin -i -

The advantage of this approach is that you can kill the savegroup via the
NetWorker GUI. A possible disadvantage is that your script returns control
to Maestro immediately. You have to write code -- either in the same script
or a dependent -- so Maestro will wait for the group to complete. The basis
for that script will be the command:

echo "show status \n print type:nsr group;name:<group name>" | nsradmin -i -

which will return either:
                      status: running;
or:
                      status: idle;

When it changes from "running" to "idle" the group is done. At that point
you'd probably want to check the completion message in the log to determine
if the group was successful or not:

grep "<group name> completed" /nsr/logs/messages | tail -1 | grep -c " 0
Hostname(s) Unresolved, 0 Failed"

This will give you a zero if the group failed or 1 if it was successful.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:22:33 -0500, Paul Langford <plangfor AT AB.BLUECROSS DOT

wrote:

>We use Maestro in a Unix / Windows environment.  We are on version 8.2.1 of
>Maestro and 7.1.2 of Networker
>
>How are you stopping the backup thru Networker?  Thru the gui I am unable
>to stop a backup started thru Maestro.  Killing it thru Maestro is almost
>immediate.
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
>type
"signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu if
you have any problems