Networker

Re: [Networker] RE : [Networker] Restore Taking Long Time

2005-12-07 15:40:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] RE : [Networker] Restore Taking Long Time
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 11:30:28 -0800

> It looks like not all required volumes to be online.
> At recover prompt, use "volume" cmd to verify all
> requested vols are loaded in your jbox.

I wish that command was more accurate.  We just went through a DR
exercise.  I only had a subset of the tapes at the test location
(pre-selected based on backups).

I went through several rounds of 'volumes' saying everything was online,
typing 'recover', and seeing additional volumes suddenly become pending.
It's difficult to tell what file or files is causing the request, and I
don't know any easy way to keep networker from from looking for older
files.

I could have done a saveset recovery, but we only needed a small number
of files from a rather large saveset.  Recovering the whole thing would
have been very annoying.