Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP Celerra application informations values

2005-12-07 08:32:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP Celerra application informations values
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 08:30:31 -0500
Hi Pierpa

You should use what you find in the NDMP chapter of the NetWorker
Administrator Guide as your guide.  Page 622 of the NetWorker V7.2
Administrator Guide mentions that both 'HIST=y' and 'UPDATE=y' are usually
required.  Table 87 on p. 651 lists the two additional Celerra information
variables ('DIRECT=y/n' and 'OPTIONS=NT').

But, it's important to remember that these values are just passed by
NetWorker (which does not act upon them) to the NDMP server, which
understands and acts on them.  So, your filer documentation is the best and
final source of information on these information variables.  Documentation
on EMC products (like the Celerra) can be found at http://powerlink.emc.com.

tl

Terry Lemons
CLARiiON Appliance Engineering
CLARiiON Application Solutions Integration
EMC²
where information lives
4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580