Networker

Re: [Networker] labeling tapes

2005-11-30 19:31:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] labeling tapes
From: Tim Nicholson <tim AT MAIL.USYD.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 09:31:26 +1100
I experimented with this several years ago.

The trick seemed to be to ensure that the location was set to the name of
the tape library before you do the inventory.

It still insists on "using a tape drive" (so it picks a free drive, and
ejects any mounted tape), but it does not load the tape and read its label.

So, when inserting tapes, I do the sequence

mmlocate -n -u <volume name> <library name>
nsrjb -j <library name> -d -S <slot>
nsrjb -j <library name> -I -S <slot>