Networker

Re: [Networker] Bootstrap information Timing Quandry

2005-11-30 15:43:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Bootstrap information Timing Quandry
From: Stan Sander <ssande AT SANDIA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:40:06 -0700
Shawn Cox wrote:

I'm sort of stuck in between phase here with regards to bootstrap information pre and post stage.

Quick scenario:

All Windows Networker.  v7.1.3

Networker Server has SCSI attached 24 slot 2 drive LTO2 library and 2 500GB adv_file devices.

25 windows clients.

6 groups M-Full, Tu-Full, W-Full, Th-Full, F-Full, AM-Incr
clients 1-5 are in M-Full(S,F,I,I,I,I,S)-9pm
clients 6-10 are in Tu-Full(S,I,F,I,I,I,S)-10pm
clients 11-15 are in W-Full(S,I,I,F,I,I,S)-10:30pm
clients 16-20 are in Th-Full(S,I,I,I,F,I,S)-11:00pm
clients 21-25 are in F-Full(S,I,I,I,I,F,S)-11:30pm
all 25 clients are in AM-incr(I,I,I,I,I,I,I)-5:00am

Legato Server is client #21

<snip>

So, is there a way to get updated bootstrap information after staging savesets off of disk? Or am I stuck scannering the remainder of 000559 to tell the restored server where the indexes really are?
Am I making any logical errors here in my backup process?

--Shawn

Under the assumption that the Windows server will act the same as in unix, you can run savegrp -O AM-incr

--
Stan Sander - CSU Special Projects  (505)284-4915
ASAP, LLC, Contractor assigned to Sandia National Laboratories

"signoff networker" in the