Networker

Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Backing up through a Firewall

2005-11-23 10:56:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Backing up through a Firewall
From: Jim Ruskowsky <jimr AT JEFFERIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:54:23 -0500
On these particular servers, we have backups just in case of a failure
causing us to
rebuild the servers.  They are dns, ftp, web, mail exchanges and the like.
 Stuff like
web content gets pushed from internal servers anyway.  We have no browse
capability beyond the raw ufsdumps, so this method is not for every app.

Böhm, Roman <Roman.Boehm AT kvbawue DOT de> wrote on 11/23/2005 05:30:34 AM:

> Hello Jim,
>
> if you are requested to restore a specific file or dozens of files
> not knowing exactly whether they were on the backup of sunday to
> weeks ago or monday to weeks ago ... or friday two weeks ago, how do
> you find out which networker tapes should be applied to get the data
> back? Are you generating file lists of daily ufsdumps?

Jefferies archives and reviews outgoing and incoming e-mail.  It may be
produced at the request of regulators or in connection with civil litigation.
Jefferies accepts no liability for any errors or omissions arising as a result
of  transmission. Use by other than intended recipients is prohibited.