Networker

[Networker] nsrclone/nsrstage script process

2005-11-21 21:48:49
Subject: [Networker] nsrclone/nsrstage script process
From: Kevin West <kevin.west AT UNE.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:42:58 -0500
I just want to check that I am on the right track in my understanding for
the correct procedure in writing a shell script for cloning and staging.

Cloning from adv_file: For off-site backups

Use mminfo to find saveset id's
mminfo -avV -omt -r'ssid' -q 'family=disk,written=0,copies=2'  > temp.file
Then use the temp.file to clone each ssid to the clone pool.

Questions.
Can I clone 3 x ssids at once to 3 tape drives?

If the cloning process was aborted is there anything to watch out for when
the script runs next?

Or any other problem I am not aware of?

Staging from adv_file:
mminfo -avV -omt -r'ssid' -q 'family=disk,written=0,copies=3'  > temp1.file
Then use the temp1.file to stage each ssid to the staging pool.

To free up disk space: remove ssid/cloneid from media db
mminfo -avV -omt -r'ssid, cloneid' -q'family=disk, copies=4'| sed 1d | awk
'{print $1"/"$2 }' > temp2.file

Pipe this file into nsrmm -y -d -S

Then cleanup
nsrstage -C -V volume

Questions:

In the cleanup, am I right in thinking that I have to remove ssid/cloneid
from media db for both the read only volume and the normal adv_file volume ?

Can I stage 3 x ssids at once to 3 tape drives?

If the staging process was aborted is there anything to watch out for when
the script runs next?

Or any other problem I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance