Networker

Re: [Networker] Poor performance backing up netapp filer via FC to LTO-3

2005-11-21 16:18:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Poor performance backing up netapp filer via FC to LTO-3
From: Ernst Bokkelkamp <ernst AT BOKKELKAMP DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 22:12:10 +0100
LTO-3 is not supported according to the system configuration guide for 7.0,
should also apply to 7.0.0.1P7,
The maximum is LTO-2.

However, the "Data Protection - supported devices" says that a (password
protected) configuration file is needed.
(http://www.netapp.com/solutions/data_protection_devices.html) I was able to
download without requiring an additional password

Are you using the right tape device name ? Such as nrstXa (x=0,1,2,3,4) ?

Bye
Ernie