Networker

Re: [Networker] Disk Backup - Clone - Stage

2005-11-15 05:59:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Disk Backup - Clone - Stage
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:56:54 +0100
man nsrmm:

     -e time
          When used in conjunction with the -S  option,  it  sets
          the  retention  time  of  the  specified save set.  The
          retention time should be specified in the  format  that
          is  acceptable  to  the function nsr_getdate(1m).  Note
          that once the save set becomes recyclable,  the  reten-
          tion  time  may not be changed.  The save set retention
          time may not be set such that the save set would become
          recyclable  while  it is still browsable.  Refer to the
          -w option for more details on browse time.   When  used
          in conjunction with volumes, the volume labeled will be
          an Archive volume if  the  value  of  time  is  forever
          (Archive  volumes  mean  that  the  volume  label never
          expires).  Any other value of time are  not  applicable
          to a volume.

    -S ssid
          Changes ( -o) or removes ( -d) a save set from the Net-
          Worker  databases,  or used in changing the browse time
          (specified with -w) or the retention  time   (specified
          with  -e)  of  the specified save set record.  The save
          set is identified by a save set  identifier,  ssid.   A
          save set instance, or clone, can be specified using the
          format ssid/cloneid (but, it is ignored when  used  for
          the  options -w and -e).  The mminfo(1m) program may be
          used to determine save set and clone identifiers.

so what would be the scenario
list all candidates from the disk volume (pool)
and for each set the expire time
( note the restriction on browsetime so you may have to set that too )
with:

mminfo -xc/  +AFw-  # sets separator to / for ssid/cloneid
        -q'     ,pool=<disk pool>,...and lets say copies=2' +AFw-
        -r'ssid,cloneid |
grep -v ssid | # to get rid of the labels from mminfo
while read a
do
        echo y | nsrmm -e <new time> -w <brose time> -S +ACQ-a
        # this specifies both ssid and cloneid and so only targets
        # the disk copy
done

Hope this gives you some idea

Maarten