Networker

Re: [Networker] help needed

2005-11-13 08:11:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] help needed
From: Pulkit Dutt <pulkitdutt AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 05:02:38 -0800
Hi Dag,

no, i am doing a full backup
where can i change the time limit, i  think 35min is too much

can it be  a reason that if /home is continuously used than it will wait till
/home is idle
beacuse my /home is always active and is used continuoulsy

Regards
Pulkit Dutt

Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> what is the meaning of the below error...
> it is a linux client and server is windows 2000
>
> error:
> /home has been inactive for 35 min..
> /home is being abondoned by nsrexec..

It means that Networker has been able to contact the client
and start up a save for /home possibly getting some data.
Then no data has been seen for 35 min.

Was this an incremental backup on a very large filesystem
with very few (if any) files modified?
In that case it might take 35 min + for the client software to
examine each file for modification and this will trigger the
timeout.

Another reason I have seen for this is that the network connection
broke during the save, somebody rebooted a switch or ripped the cable.

BRGDS
Dag

RegardsPulkit Dutt