Networker

[Networker] nsrsqlrc: Restore to another client?

2005-11-03 11:45:24
Subject: [Networker] nsrsqlrc: Restore to another client?
From: IT-Administration ST <admin.st AT KVBAWUE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 17:31:57 +0100
Hello dear fellow networkers,

we have a need to restore a database AA, which is backed up by the networker
server BB and was backed up from the host CC to a host DD by the means of the
Networker Module for Microsoft SQL Server.

On host DD a try of

nsrsqlrc -s BB -c CC -d MSSQL:CopyofAA  MSSQL:AA

fails.

The manual says

   "Uppercase -C copies the database being restored
   to either the same SQL Server or a different SQL
   Server. It can be used for normal, copy, and
   partial restores."

We consider if "a different SQL Server" implicates a SQL server on a different
host or if it is just saying on one unique host there may be different SQL
servers?

On host DD a try of

nsrsqlrc -C -s BB -c CC -d MSSQL:CopyofAA  MSSQL:AA

also fails.

Any suggestions or experiences?

     Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards

   Roman Böhm