Networker

Re: [Networker] Premature marking tapes full

2005-10-25 11:04:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Premature marking tapes full
From: Albert Eddie Contractor AFRPA/ESS <Eddie.Albert AT AFRPA.PENTAGON.AF DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:02:33 -0400
Our data is many times the subject of congressional investigations or
FOIA requests so it has to be there and it has to be accessible.

As of 10/24 when I pressed the then on-site ADIC CE for LTO2 drivers
that absolutely would work he installed 4AP0. We had 4772 on there
before and he removed it and flashed them with 4AP0. I asked him if he
had the 53Y2, he said he "knew" 4AP0 worked and did not want to come
back out here. /shrug.

I am a firm believer in having the latest and greatest in everything for
myself and my users. But I am also a fan of ONLY using what I know
works...And I try to impress that upon our vendors.

So far the tally for my almost new Scalar 100 installed April 2005.

$0.00   2 Picker Assemblies
$0.00   2 LTO2 Drives
$0.00   1 Picker Control Board
$0.00   1 Picker Rotary Motor
$0.00   5 visits from NCR Tech (sent by ADIC)
$0.00   1 visit by ADIC CE
$0.00   22 Tylenol
$7.99   1/5 of Crown
$0.99   2 liters of Coke

Number of times grabbing my ankles saying "Thank you sir, may I have
another?" Priceless.

The library is up again....

In Valen's Name... /ALE