Networker

[Networker] Volume Location disappears after reboot

2005-10-25 10:44:46
Subject: [Networker] Volume Location disappears after reboot
From: Rachel Polanskis <r.polanskis AT UWS.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:57:22 +1000
Hi there,

Whenever I run (from my cap_eject script):

/usr/sbin/mmlocate -u -n $vols 'Media Vault'

It sets the Location very nicely for output when I run the appropriate
commands.  It also works nicely in nwadmin when in the Volumes
Dialogue Box and shows my Location for a Volume as either "L700" or
"Media Vault".

Until!   Until I restart Legato, that is.    Then all references
to "Media Vault" are replaced by a blank entry and the reference is
not searchable via command line.

Can anyone please tell me how to fix this?

The problem was present in 6.1.3 and older and still present in 7.2.1.

Please help!

rachel

--
Rachel Polanskis                Systems Admin, University of Western Sydney
ADD Werrington North Campus     (+61 2) 9678 7291  <r.polanskis AT uws.edu DOT