Networker

Re: [Networker] Volume Location disappears after reboot

2005-10-25 10:44:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Volume Location disappears after reboot
From: Peter Viertel <Peter.Viertel AT MACQUARIE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:32:08 +1000
That's kind of odd, we don't lose the location on reboot....

We were having a lot of dodgyness setting the location to 'Offsite' when
we were ejecting with 7.1.2 - It would often just fail to work, and
seemed to take a long time so I stopped trying to set it...

Note also that nsrjb overwrites the location whenever a tape is
deposited or withdrawn from a jukebox, so I'm not all that sure setting
location to L700 is ever an appropriate thing to do.

The way it works now for us is either it has a jukebox name, or it's
blank. And blank means 'Offsite', further information about tape
location goes into another database outside legato....