Networker

[Networker] trouble overriding custom schedule

2005-10-19 13:35:18
Subject: [Networker] trouble overriding custom schedule
From: Rick Caldwell <rickc AT DALLAS.OILFIELD.SLB DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:31:02 -0500
I have several custom schedules set up but when I try to override the schedule in version 7.2 on a Solaris 8 Sun server I get the error "Modify failed: 'type is a read-only attribute'". I can override the default schedules that are pre-installed but not any custom ones I define. Is there something else I need to specify to make it modifable? The same commands worked for my older server running version 6 of networker.

Here is an example of the schedule I created that won't allow overrides:

nsradmin> create type:NSR Schedule;
name: Full 1st Friday;
period:Month;
action: incr incr incr incr incr incr incr;
override: full first friday every month,
2 second friday every month,
4 third friday every month,
6 fourth friday every month,
7 fifth friday every month;

                       type: NSR Schedule;
                       name: Full 1st Friday;
                     period: Month;
                     action: incr incr incr incr incr incr incr;
                   override: full first friday every month,
                             2 second friday every month,
                             4 third friday every month,
                             6 fourth friday every month,
                             7 fifth friday every month;
Create? yes
created resource id 0.23.1.108.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.67.59.240.255.163.185.16.8(1)

I don't see anything about being read only in the man pages so not sure what has changed.

Rick

--
Have you noticed that a "slight tax increase" costs us at least two
hundred dollars a year, but a "substantial tax cut" saves us maybe thirty cents?

rickc AT dallas.oilfield.slb DOT com  or rickc AT slb DOT com

"signoff networker" in the