Networker

Re: [Networker] Leftover NSR mount request resources

2005-10-04 11:13:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Leftover NSR mount request resources
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:07:29 -0400
What top level was this resource a part of (nsr, nsr jukebox?). I don't
recall seeing it:

printf "print type:nsr mount request\n" |/usr/sbin/nsradmin -i -
No resources found for query:
                        type: nsr mount request;

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 13:15:23 -0700, Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
wrote:

>While doing some analysis of my server configurations, I noticed that
>they all had several 'NSR mount request' resources.  The man page says
>that this resource exists until the nsrjb that caused a request exits.
>Well I don't have any nsrjbs running, but I've got a lot of "requests"
>still present.
>
>$ pgrep nsrjb
>$ printf "print type:nsr mount request\n" |/usr/sbin/nsradmin -i - |
grep -c "mount request"
>86
>
>Some of the requests even have the same name.
>
>Everything seems to be working, so I suppose I shouldn't worry too much
>about it.  But I'm concerned that something isn't working right and is
>leaving them around.
>
>Supposedly I can't delete them either.  Does anyone else see leftover
>resources like this?
>
>I'm running 7.1.1 on Solaris at the moment.
>
>Thanks.
>--
>Darren Dunham                                           ddunham AT taos DOT com
>Senior Technical Consultant         TAOS            http://www.taos.com/
>Got some Dr Pepper?                           San Francisco, CA bay area
>         < This line left intentionally blank to confuse you. >
>
>To sign off this list, send email to listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and
type "signoff networker" in the
>body of the email. Please write to networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT
>edu
if you have any problems