Networker

[Networker] Commvault Galaxy (Was: Re: [Networker] de-install the Legato 6.1 or 7.1 RMAN module for Oracle on HP UX)

2005-10-02 12:31:59
Subject: [Networker] Commvault Galaxy (Was: Re: [Networker] de-install the Legato 6.1 or 7.1 RMAN module for Oracle on HP UX)
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:28:28 +0200
On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, Ed Skolnik wrote:

ES> I need to de-install the Legato 6.1 or 7.1 RMAN module for Oracle on HP UX,
ES> because IPG is convering to CommVault Galaxy. How do I do that?   Is as
ES> simple as HP package de-install?

I had never heard of that product before, but after reading about it a
bit, it seems like it adresses some issues that Networker has, at least on
paper. Can you, or anyone else, provide a quick comparison on the
technical level? I'm interested in areas such as stability and
availability, how "solid" the product feels after working with it for a
while, any design flaws or other stupidness, that kind of stuff.

Also, how is the pricing and maintenance compared with networker?

If anyone feels that it isn't of general interest or off-topic, please
reply off-list.

//Oscar