Networker

Re: [Networker] Scripts for labeling tapes

2005-09-26 12:17:21
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scripts for labeling tapes
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:17:01 -0700
> Has anyone written a perl script to relabel tapes on a library? I'm looking
> for script that will scan the library slots, email sysadmin for the
> appropriate tapes to be inserts, and relabel them. I'm trying to automate my
> weekend full backups instead of using the networker admin gui.

No full scripts that you could just drop in, but I've written all those
components at one point or another.

Anything in particular that you need help with?

'nsrjb' can be used to see what networker thinks is currently in the
machine.  You can parse the output of 'sjirdtag' to see if someone has
put tapes in the CAP yet.

It kind of depends on what your processes are.  Why are you needing to
relabel tapes instead of just letting networker recycle them itself?