Networker

[Networker] autoloading problems

2005-09-16 17:45:35
Subject: [Networker] autoloading problems
From: Florian Meister <Florian.Meister AT MEDIENHAUS DOT AT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:39:43 +0200
Hi,

I have a strange issue with the autoloading mechanism of networker. I
have labeled a bunch of new catriges to increase the rotation time of
our backups, but one set of this catriges is not autoloading after
inventory. Networker says that he is waiting for 2 volumes to backup
pool ... When I manually mount one catridge of this set, networker
backups to the tape as it should. But it won't load the tapes itselves.
If I insert another set of tapes, networker loads the tapes
automatically. I have tried a nsrjb -H and a reinventory of the specific
set, I have relabelled the set. I really don't know what's the problem.
If I look into the volumes-window the tapes look similar, they are in
the same pool, are recyclable, not write protected.... Don't know what's
the problem, maybe someone has an idea.

Cu, florian

          (__)                       Florian Meister
          (oo)
   /-------\/                 florian.meister AT medienhaus DOT at
  / |     ||                        +43 5572 501 134
    ^^    ^^         "The only problem with troubleshooting is that
                              sometimes trouble shoots back."