Networker

[Networker] How to use all tapes together?

2005-09-16 02:37:30
Subject: [Networker] How to use all tapes together?
From: Turgay Çavdar (Network Grup Başkanı) <TCAVDAR AT ISKI.GOV DOT TR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:51:12 +0300
We are using networker version 7.1.2 and 4 tapes in the jukebox. We have got
one client and it has 800 GB of data (32 mount). We planned to divide this
800GB of data to 4 parts (approx. 200GB and 8 mount in each part) and use every
tape so the Backup time will be very short. We create 4 group and in the client
we set for 8 mounts for every group. Server parallism is 32, client parallelism
is 8, group parallelism is 8, each tape has a target session value set to 8. In
this configuration when we start 4 group only two tapes are used. Why we cant
use 4 drives at the same time? (Jukebox parallism set to 4)