Networker

Re: [Networker] Running 7.2.1 ???

2005-09-14 12:40:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Running 7.2.1 ???
From: "Neild, Jim" <Jim.Neild AT SSHA.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:42:44 -0400
Jimeee,

Long time no talk.  We upgraded last week without issue on about 10
clients, 14 Storage Nodes and the NetWorker server.  All the remaining
clients are still 7.2.  Also of note boxes were on Windows.

We initially had the same upgrade issues reported here on Windows, but
this was related to installshield reporting the wrong version during the
upgrade process.  I reported this to Legato and this resulted in an
updated install binary.

One of the reasons we upgraded is for the very same reason you have
outlined here, AIX 5.3 client support.  We have yet to install the AIX
client, so I can't let you know the results yet, but I can keep you
posted if you want.

Cheers,
Jim