Networker

Re: [Networker] networker for netware 7.2 out

2005-09-07 00:41:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker for netware 7.2 out
From: Ryan Tassotti <Ryan.Tassotti AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 14:35:51 +1000
Initial impressions:

* CLI is cool.  Client-initiated saves and recovers work well (recover shell is
the same as *nix platforms)
* I am having trouble with server-initiated saves.  I will investigate further.
* You cannot perform multiple saveset recovers to a destination client as per
4.x client (eg. in a DR scenario).  I have opened LGTpa80130 regarding this.

I am pretty sure there is no 7.2 storage node for NetWare (although I would
love to see this).

Cheers,
Ryan.

>>> dave2 AT CAMBRIDGECOMPUTER DOT COM 7/09/2005 11:28 am >>>
Hi,

Looks like NetWorker for NetWare 7.2 was released today. Release notes and
documentation are on the doc site.

New features appear to include:
--nsrexecd.nlm
--NetWare Cluster support
--Each backup is a new process, not just a new thread
--cli

I haven't installed it yet, so I don't know how it works related to Storage
Nodes, including whether if can be a storage node, and/or if backing up to a
storage node it goes directly there. (I assume the later, which is a major
plus, since the older version essentially "bounced" off the backup server to
get to a storage node, and I'd prefer to not have tape drives on NetWare if I
can help it)

And of course...performance.

Any results are appreciated.

Dave

   This message has passed through an insecure network.
    Please direct all enquiries to the message author.