Networker

Re: [Networker] Netware saveset recover - "no data saved - try an earlier version"

2005-09-05 17:42:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netware saveset recover - "no data saved - try an earlier version"
From: Ryan Tassotti <Ryan.Tassotti AT BRISBANE.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 07:36:33 +1000
Hi Andrew,

I have also seen this ... I think it has something to do with xcopy having been
used to manipulate this data in the past.

As you say, the recovered data always seems valid.  I don't think the errors
are actual 'errors', though wading through hundreds of them _isn't_ much fun.

Cheers,
Ryan.

>>> a.horne AT SHEFFIELD.AC DOT UK 5/09/2005 8:11:07 pm >>>
Hi,

Running Networker on a Solaris 8 box backing up over 25 Netware 6.5SP3
clients, running client 4.22, plus a number of Windows servers.

Doing a save set recover to a Netware server I get lots of errors in the
log file like this -

USRTST:TST/AB_SHARE/AB_SHA~1/SDU/WEBBAC~1/EDBASE~1/IMAGES/<0>
"USRTST:TST/AB_SHARE/AB_SHA~1/SDU/WEBBAC~1/EDBASE~1/IMAGES/<0>" no data
saved - try an earlier version
USRTST:TST/AB_SHARE/AB_SHA~1/SDU/WEBBAC~1/EDBASE~1/IMAGES/<1>
"USRTST:TST/AB_SHARE/AB_SHA~1/SDU/WEBBAC~1/EDBASE~1/IMAGES/<1>" no data
saved - try an earlier version

The data appears to be recovered ok but when the number of errors runs
in to the hundreds or thousands it isn't possible to say that that is
the case with any certainty.  Also the list of errors reported may
include other actual errors where data hasn't been restored correctly,
ploughing through a log file looking for real as opposed to benign
errors isn't something I fancy doing when there is an emergency situation!

I've checked the archives and the internet, a few other people have
reported the same problem.  Is there a fix for this?

Cheers,

Andrew Horne

--

Andrew Horne
The University of Sheffield

E-Mail a.horne AT sheffield.ac DOT uk
Tel:   (0114) 222 3068

-

   This message has passed through an insecure network.
    Please direct all enquiries to the message author.