Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Reporting

2005-08-31 15:32:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Reporting
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:27:28 -0500
On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 03:00:47PM -0400, David Ranieri wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Currently we have about 25 groups set up broken into Prod, Dev, Unix,
> windows, DB groups etc.   I was hoping the functionality was there for
> being able to first identify the group in the report subject field,  and
> secondly configure them to email out to the proper party's responsible for
> monitoring there servers backups.  The other option I guess is giving them
> access to the Admin gui   so they can just view details.    Thanks for the
> feed back.

Check the list archives; this has been discussed at length before.
There aren't any native tools inside Networker to alter the savegroup
completion reports, but you can always have the notification write into
a program/script that alters the contents, makes choices on what to
do/present, etc.  Or, depending on your email setup, you could have that
happen after you get the email.  You have more options than you think.

There's also per-client notifications (set in the client config) that
send notices for just that client when a group finishes that contains
the client.  That's where I usually put people who just care about a few
machines (although they'll get one-email-per-machine instead of a
consolidated report.)

Dave