Networker

[Networker] Basic NDMP question - variation on previous post

2005-08-30 15:39:11
Subject: [Networker] Basic NDMP question - variation on previous post
From: Michael Coxe <mcoxe AT OPSWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 12:33:30 -0700
What if the direct attached SCSI jukebox is attached to the
Legato Server instead of the NAS server?

In the following basic NDMP configuration:

        NDMP
   |-------------|
NAS w/NDMP     Legato
Support        Server
                 |-------direct attached
                         SCSI tape jukebox

Does the tape jukebox have to support NDMP?
Or can it be a non-NDMP SCSI jukebox?

Regards,

 - michael coxe
   mcoxe AT opsware DOT com

Michael Coxe wrote:
I don't know why I don't know the answer to this.
I should...but don't.

In the following basic NDMP configuration:

        NDMP
Legato        NAS w/NDMP
server        Support
                 |-------direct attached
                         tape jukebox

Does the tape jukebox have to support NDMP?
Or can it be a non-NDMP SCSI jukebox?

"signoff networker" in the