Networker

[Networker] Possible disaster recovery

2005-08-28 16:30:39
Subject: [Networker] Possible disaster recovery
From: "Browning, David" <DBrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:25:24 -0500
Well, I really hope this isn't necessary, but as I write this email, I am
facing the possibility of having a destroyed data center at this time on
Monday.  We have evacuated, with an incredible number of backup tapes.

What I was wondering, is there anything that I can do from a remote location
to speed up recovery time - such as copying the media database to another
remote computer, or copying the bootstrap.   Is there such a way as to run a
bootstrap to a disk, or maybe a directed recover of the bootstrap?

I have probably 18-24 hours to do some things from this remote location,
before we will lose connectivity to the data center (my assumption).

I gladly welcome any ideas at this point.

Thanks,

- Dave Browning
- Lsuhsc Enterprise Operations/Help Desk.