Networker

[Networker] Sun patch 119670-01

2005-08-21 18:53:49
Subject: [Networker] Sun patch 119670-01
From: Nick Tan <nick AT WEHI.EDU DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:50:20 +1000
Hi All,

I run Sun StorEdge Enterprise Backup Server on Solaris 8.  This morning
I tried installing the security patch, 119670-01.  It told me I needed
patch 116826-05 installed.  (I already had 116826-03 installed).  So I
installed 116826-05, then 119670-01.

I then did the special installation instructions (update disable
directed recover:Yes, and setting the NSR_BLOCK_ADMIN and
NSR_REQUIRE_ROOT environment variables).

Everything seemed to be okay, however my fibre channel jukebox was no
longer responding to networker.  I got this error:

 nsrd: Jukebox 'Overland NEO2000' failed: No such file or directory

I could do a 'mt -f' command on the drives without any problem, and
Solaris itself could see it, so I figured it was a Networker issue.  I
tried running 'inquire' but it couldn't see the library or the drives.

I uninstalled 119670-01, but the problem persisted.  I uninstalled
116826-05 and the library was able to be seen again.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I'd like to install the security
patch, but I can't do it if it breaks the tape library.

Thanks,

Nick

--
Nick Tan