Networker

Re: [Networker] On-demand incremental backup?

2005-07-12 14:24:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] On-demand incremental backup?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:19:49 -0700

> I want to initiate an incremental backup of just one directory in a saved
> set.
>
> nwbackup doesn't appear to give me the option of an incremental.  So, what
> would be the most efficient way of starting this type of backup?
>
> My Saved Set includes the entire server, and is scheduled to run Full on
> Sunday and Incrementals Mon-Sat.  Normally, the group runs from a cron job
> every night.

What's the cron job?  Are you running a save from the client or a
savegrp from the server (or something else)?  The entire command line
would be useful.

In all likelihood, you'd either have to create another client instance
with just that directory as a saveset, or you'd have to run a manual
'save' from the client, specifying the time of the previous backup for
the incremental to reference.