Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker Disaster Recovery (again)

2005-07-07 13:21:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker Disaster Recovery (again)
From: Ernst Bokkelkamp <ernst AT BOKKELKAMP DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 19:17:04 +0200
You have to re-install Windows with a repair installation.
However, you must have a floppy disk for the HP Smart Array 6i controller so
that you can boot from CD-ROM.
The procedure is documented on the microsoft website in the knowledgebase
(somewhere).
The problem is that the kernel does not have a driver for the array, the
bios can boot but then the kernel takes over.
To be able to continue it needs to have a driver for the array.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824125

Bye
Ernie